Raman noodles give this yummy Oriental Chicken and Cabbage Salad a nice crunch.
It’s always popular at potlucks and picnics, and it keeps well in the refrigerator, so you can make it ahead for a fast lunch to pack. Using leftover chicken makes it a perfect choice for those nights when it’s too hot to cook!
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 2 packages raman noodles
- ½ head cabbage, chopped or shredded (green or Napa)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Crush the noodles in the bag and put into a large bowl with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour over the salad, Stir to blend and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Keeps in the refrigerator, covered, for 2-3 days.