Garbanzo Bean Sweet Pepper Salad is one of my FAVORITE salads to make ahead and have on hand for packed lunches. It is healthy, low-calorie, easy to make, and keeps well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
With a tangy balsamic dressing, Garbanzo Bean Sweet Pepper Salad it’s always a hit on picnics and at potlucks. SO easy, and no cooking required!
NOTE: You don’t really have to have four difference colors of sweet bell pepper, but it looks prettiest this way. Just use whatever bell peppers you have available – it’ll still be yummy!
- 1 15.5-oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), or 1½ c home cooked, drained
- ½ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup sweet onion, diced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and refrigerate until serving.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.